The White House and Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue announced a $16 billion in direct aid that will flow through USDA's Farm Service Agency to a broad array of producers for various products, including cattle, pork, dairy, fruits, vegetables, and commodity crops. The program in addition to the direct aid to farmers will also include $3 billion in commodity purchases that will go to food banks. Under the program, producers will receive 80% of their expected payment initially. The remaining 20% will come later in the year, likely after Commodity Credit Corp. coffers have been replenished. @ https://www.dtnpf.com/agriculture/web/ag/news/business-inputs/article/2020/05/19/president-trump-announces-aid-sign
Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) for Farmers and livestock producers announced
President Trump Announces Aid Package Sign-up for Farmers, Livestock Producers
Enrollment in CFAP through local USDA Service Centers (Farm Service Agency offices) will begin May 26, and USDA expects payments could go out to producers within a week after sign-up begins. The CFAP includes aid for livestock producers, commodity producers and specialty crops producers.