Looking for volunteers to cover Food Safety around the worldWHO estimates that around the world, almost 1 in 10 people gets sick eating contaminated food each year. Food contamination results in 420,000 deaths and the loss of 33 million healthy life years. In 2010, 40% of the foodborne disease burden was among children under 5. Some of the reasons for the increase in food safety problems include the globalization of food trade, the growing world population, and climate change.
Food safety is a global issue, but each outbreak is local. All countries are not equal in their food safety achievements. Note the performance of countries based on their 2021 food security score.
There are a total of 119 countries in this survey. It is essential to understand the disparity among the various countries better.
To better understand food safety globally, we are looking for volunteers to help cover the world in our group and on the adjacent website http://ask-bioexpert.com/. We are asking for help covering recalls, outbreaks, and new regulations. Also, it is essential to include new technologies used to increase food safety.
What will be important topics in 2022?
- Will COVID-19 continue to dominate the news?
- Will inflation and food supply dominate customer attention?
- Will we be doing a better job tracking food from farm to fork? Is Blockchain the solution?
- Will consumers be convinced to try novel foods such as crickets? Plant-based meats?
- What will be the result of implementing the FDA New Era of Smarter Food Safety strategy?
- What will be the impact of Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) and superbugs on food safety? The AMR pandemic is already claiming 700,000 lives globally each year and is a global crisis. The WHO has pronounced AMR as one of humanity’s top public health threats. Is the utilization of antibiotics in agriculture a significant contributor?
Volunteers are needed
We are looking for food safety experts to help us cover the world. If you can help the group understand the major food safety issues in your country, please write about outbreaks or regulations and contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org (https://ask-bioexpert.com/contact/). Do you know what will be important topics in 2022? Please let us know. Appreciate your future input and collaboration. Thanks!!